Students interested in pursuing a career in print/online journalism might want to check out these movies to get a feel for the history of the newspaper business as well as some insight into some on-the-job issues:
1) All the President’s Men (Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford) Classic film about Watergate.
2) -30- (Jack Webb and William Conrad) A newspaper staff pursues the day’s big story.
3) The Paper (Michael Keaton, Robert Duvall, Glenn Close) Mayhem inside and outside the newsroom.
4) Absence of Malice (Paul Newman and Sally Field) A reporter confronts issues of ethics and the law.
5) Teacher’s Pet (Clark Gable and Doris Day) Do you really need to go to college to learn journalism?