When: April 12
Time: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Location: Henry Student Center, Wilkes University
Wilkes University’s 13th annual Tom Bigler Journalism Conference will be held from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, April 12.
Much has made of Second Amendment rights during the past year, but for those of us involved with student journalism, the First Amendment is still No. 1. And so, the theme for the 2013 Bigler Journalism Conference will be “The First Amendment: Student Rights and Responsibilities.” Frank LoMonte, executive director of the Student Press Law Center, in Arlington, Va., will address the conference on the state of student media.
Immediately after the keynote address, LoMonte will talk with advisers about their roles and responsibilities as well as answer questions about situations specific to their school.
In addition to our keynote speaker, we are planning workshops on InDesign (open to faculty and students), social media, photography, TV production, public relations and speech & debate.
We will continue to have speakers from local media talk to students about issues and problems in print, broadcast and online.
- Registration: 7:30 to 8:50 a.m. Henry Student Center Ballroom; 84 W. South St., Wilkes-Barre, Pa.
- Welcome & Keynote Address: 9 to 9:45 a.m. (Ballroom)
- Session A: 10 to 10:45 a.m. (varied rooms)
- Session B: 11 to 11:45 a.m. (varied rooms)
- Session C: noon to 12:45 p.m. (varied rooms)
- Lunch & Awards Ceremony: 1:00-1:45 p.m. Henry Student Center Grand Ballroom 2nd floor
ON FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/BiglerConf – ON TWITTER at @Biglerconf
For more information and registration documents, please visit http://wilkes.edu/Bigler.